FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
10 Questions w / Joel Kyack
1. If you were to be eaten, how would you like it to be?
(a) chewed up
(b) swallowed whole
(c) from the inside out
2. As water seeks to level itself, how do you respond to its effort?
(a) adapt to its rules
(b) attempt to control it
(c) drink as much as you can
3. Film sets are, to varying degrees, “built to camera” – a process where only the elements of the set that will appear in the frame of the camera will be built. For what could this be a metaphor?
(a) some of life
(b) most of life
(c) all of life
4. If you had to die at sea, on which sea would it be?
5. What do you feel in destroying something that provides you comfort and companionship?
6. You’re forced to vacation with an in-law you don’t care for. You get stranded together on a watercraft – what would that watercraft be?
(a) a jet-ski
(b) a deck boat
(c) a log
7. If your life was spent on the water and the water held you captive, what would you sacrifice for your freedom?
(a) your dignity
(b) your life
(c) someone else
8. When you see a sculpture you like you respond by:
(a) wanting to remember it
(b) wanting to buy it
(c) wanting to dismiss it
9. Describe the difference between the sailor and the ship she sails upon:
(a) no difference
(b) flip sides of same coin
(c) the sailor loses herself on the ship, the ship loses itself on the sea
10. The word “Island” begins with “I”… coincidence?
“High and fine literature is wine, and mine is only water; but everybody likes water.”
― Mark Twain, Letter to William Dean Howells, 15 February 1887